– Mac Slavo
President Barack Obama is, arguably, the best gun salesman ever. Over 65 million guns have been purchased since the President took office in 2009. FBI background check statistics indicate that, over the last twelve months, Americans purchased a new gun every 1.5 seconds, a figure which suggests there is much more to the recent panic buying than people just stocking up to go hunting or sports shooting.
The following guns and ammo industry report indicates that every major gun and ammunition manufacturer in the country is running at 100% capacity, with many so far behind that they’ve stopped taking new orders altogether.
- Smith & Wesson-is running at Full capacity making 300+ guns/day-mainly M&P pistols. They are unable to produce any more guns to help with the shortages.
- RUGER: Plans to increase from 75% to 100% in the next 90 days.
- FNH: Moving from 50% production to 75% by Feb 1st and 100% by March 1. Remington-Maxed out!
- Armalite: Maxed out.
- DPMS: Can’t get enough parts to produce any more product.
- COLT: Production runs increasing weekly…bottle necked by Bolt carrier’s.
- LWRC:Making only black guns, running at full capacity…can’t get enough gun quality steel to make barrels.
- Springfield Armory: Only company who can meet demand but are running 30-45 days behind.
- AMMO: Every caliber is now Allocated! We are looking at a nation wide shortage of all calibers over the next 9 months. All plants are producing as much ammo as possible w/ of 1 BILLION rounds produced weekly. Most is military followed by L.E. and civilians are third in line.
- MAGPUL is behind 1 MILLION mags, do not expect any large quantities of magpul anytime soon.
- RELOADERS… ALL Remington, Winchester, CCI & Federal primers are going to ammo FIRST. There are no extra’s for reloading purposes… it could be 6-9 months before things get caught up. Sorry for the bleak news, but now we know what to expect in the coming months. Stay tuned, we’ll keep you posted…
Many who have exercised their Second Amendment protections are first time buyers concerned with Federal and State gun grabs being spearheaded by politicians who are using the Sandy Hook school shooting as a pretext to restrict access to personal defense rifles, larger capacity magazines, and even ammunition.
But this may only be a part of why there’s so much demand. There are millions of Americans who are genuinely concerned with not just the government taking their guns, but all of their other Constitutionally protected freedoms as well. Read more here.